• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • RSS Feed

Saturday, October 6, 2007

A Cool Adude

No comments:
 

When you travel with a camera and you pay attention to the fellow travelers boarding your flight, you might bump into a celebrity and have the opportunity to have your picture made alongside them. Such was the case in late June when I was flying out of Tampa to Chicago for the University Photographers' of America Annual Symposium and I ran into soccer phenom Freddy Adu. I grew up playing soccer in Georgia (even played on the U-14 team that won the state title) and I follow the US National Team as well as some MLS games.


Adu was heading back to Salt Lake City having returned from the U-20 World Cup in which we lost a tough match to Austria. I was probably the only person in the terminal with any clue that the young man striding from the ticket counter was Adu. I found him to be totally personable and a real nice guy. He graciously signed an autograph for me and allowed me a couple of pictures with him. He confided that he was soon headed to Benfica in Portugal and would be leaving MLS. Freddy's stint in Europe should help the US National Team's chances in 2010.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff